Somewhere in this city you are now here dreaming about your dreams while I am
wide awake thinking about what might have been. It was almost perfect between
you and me. The world seemed to revolve around us while we were chasing down
adventures enticing our path. It was a crazy journey- an adventure that others
ever wanted to have that never came across their entire lifetime. It was
perfect though it seems but they are not.
No, it was not just summer loving. The
feeling still lingers though it has been more than a year since we last saw
each other. I wish I would not have let go of your hand while you were still
holding mine. I wish I could have stared at your face for as long as I possibly
can. I could have embraced you up to the last second during our last night
alone. I would not have let go of you if I just knew that I could not stand not
having you by my side knowing that you are just around somewhere far from me
here within this small city.
How I wanted to see you, to touch you, and to be with you, but my heart does
not have the guts to do any of those for I have already let go of you and that
was what I have told you and that was what I believed in the whole time that
you were away. Now that you are around, I know that it is all coming back, but
this is not how it is suppose to be.
How I wish I could tell you that I waited for you just like what I have
promised, but that remains a wishful thinking, knowing that we are suppose to
move on and head back home where we can be our old selves again. No longer a
couple of carefree spirits running around the streets of the city where
everybody knows everybody. All what is left is a bundle of memories that we may
reminisce in times of loneliness, when we can comfort ourselves with the illusion
of joy or happiness, whatever applies to our hearts.
Now, it is better to leave things unsaid and undone, for they may just give
birth to the feelings that long been buried in the past. Its ghost is indeed a
beautiful memoirs shared by two people who once comforted and fell for each
other. Faithful enough to its word, those are merely memories of past lovers
and nothing more than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment