Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Moment of Contentment


I lay here on our bed
Hiding under the sheets while cuddling the pillows
I look intently on the man I’ve longed for so long
He placed his fingers on the strings
Strumming and singing his song away
Rejoicing with the soothing and calming melodies
As the rain pour down in this cold vivid night
We stay within the four corners
Blissful and contented
Passionately sharing the warmth of our devotion


I just recalled that when I was still in high school, I always wanted to have a boyfriend who knows how to play an instrument. I guess that’s one of the reasons why my first boyfriend happened to be a drummer in a band. I always wanted to have a drummer boy. I don’t know why I was so attracted with drummers. They were the first one I focused on whenever I watch a live band playing. My first boyfriend also knew how to play the guitar and I enjoyed it because my sister and I can sing as he plays. Later on I realized that I wanted to share my life with someone who can both play the guitar and sing (since my ex-boyfriend was and is a terrible singer, we prefer him to play the guitar and drums instead)

I had quite a few relationships after that but they were frustrating because they were not into music. All of them can’t play even just one musical instrument (which I think is stupid), however,  one of them was a vocalist in a band playing half-baked rock songs (well that’s how I call it) but he got a terrible attitude problem.

I love music and it was exasperating to be with someone who doesn’t give a damn about it. I grew up listening to different musical genre and I grew up enjoying music with my family and because of that, I can’t imagine myself growing old not having music as part of my life. For me it’s like rice in every meal; staple. Life is never complete without it.

Now I’m here on my bed, staring at the person whom I decided to spend my life with, with his guitar, carelessly singing songs that he wishes to sing. I enjoyed watching him as he search for each note, each tone and each tune, and it’s fun laughing with him as he commit mistakes. While staring at his eyes, I tell myself that finally I found my musician. I finally found my match.

This is how I imagined my life until the day I pass away; sharing each night drowned in music with my soul mate after spending the whole day fighting with life’s hardships and struggles. I wanted to grow old singing with the person who makes my heart sing and my soul dance. In music, we find home as we embrace comfort with confidence knowing that we will always be like this until our voices wither and our hands stiffen and can no longer hold any instrument. Through this, I can spend eternal life happily knowing that I am fulfilled in my lifetime on earth with him.

3 comments:

  1. nice post, i like it...
    nakasmile ko kag ma feel ko gd ang content sng gin sulat mo ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baw ah.. hahaha thanks gid... at least naka ride ka sa akon imagination :)
      may ara man ko di gali story. hope you'll have time to read it... ang Beer and Cigarettes :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete